http://gloobus.net is now active!!
This will be a centralized point with the information of gloobus, a good description, how to install it, its plugins, how to help us in developing for it and so on, so come on, take a look at it!!
In the other hand, I have 3 new features in gloobus:
1. Translations, thanks for translating gloobus, now in the BZR version translations are working pretty good, I’ll integrate in the ppa really soon!
2. List plugins now uses a gtkTreeView, its the typical gtk view for the lists, it looks much more better than the old way, and now you can sort items by columns :D
3. Compressed files plugins! It shows a list of the files inside a compressed file. It now supports zip, rar and tar.gz, anyway its really easy to add more filetypes, just send me the command to list the files of a compressed file and I’ll add it (eg: tar -zxf file.tar.gz)
I’ve been working so hard these days!! and gloobus-0.4.1 is almost ready to be released, This is just a bug fixing version so it will run much more fine in your computers!
Martin Cesare has been helping me in developing the web and we have it almost finished, I hope we can synchronize web release with 0.4.1 release :D anyway, we need a hosting (now we own gloobus.com.ar domain) so if you own a hosting or know a good one, we’re all ears.
Anyway, I’ve been working in covergloobus (http://launchpad.net/covergloobus) again, I think it needs some love to make it even more useful! Like adding screenshots on the config for a easy theme selection, more lyrics engines, more players supported, and more things, again, if you have any idea to add, please, tell me or just fill up a blueprint :D
I just wanted to say thanks to you all for you support with my last gloobus version and say that I’ll keep working on it. Looking forward to 0.4.2 version that will have great new features!!!
And of course, remeber that you can support us donating something at:
Donate by PayPal
Hi again, another week, a lot of work done and another feature!
I’ve renamed almost evque ery file in the code so now they follow a more standard rule. I’ve enchanced makefiles and KikKat helped me to solve some Coverflow gloobus (Appeared after porting it to clutter-1.2 and clutter-gtk-0.10)
I’ve created a new interface iFree, that lets the plugin do whatever it wants, without being defined for the parent interface, it will be usefull for plugins that are not movie, images, audio document or text, for example…
TTF Font files preview
Here you have a demo video!
You can get it from the bzr, or wait till the next release ;)
If the key combo doesn’t run, just run these two command from a terminal:
gconftool-2 -s --type string /apps/metacity/keybinding_commands/command_1 "gloobus-preview"
gconftool-2 -s --type string /apps/metacity/global_keybindings/run_command_1 "<Control>space"
I’ve released a new version of gloobus-preview, now in deb package so it’s very easy to install. And it adds the keybinding too!
Too run it: ctrl+c, then ctrl+space
- Polymorphism in Interface and plugins
- added “make plugins” in makefile so they all can be compiled with one line (For changes in interface.cpp/ interface.h)
- Launch the default application with “enter” key
- Added Subtitles (.srt) preview
- Added Close Button
- Added iMovie Plugin !!
- Create GloobusWin class so now its easy to create windows
- Menu added (Blog, Donate, Report Bug, Quit)
- Seek Bars in both iMusic and iMovie
And you can download it from here:
Hi!! as I said, here you have new Gloobus-Preview Release!!!
ChangeLog Gloobus-Preview 0.03.1
- iComic (cbz and cbr)
- iPdf solved som bugs
- Shadow in the application
- iMp3 with ogg support
- iDocument fixed a very annoing warning
Installation Instructions Inside the file! (32bits and 64bits versions)
Download Link: http://jordihp.deviantart.com/art/Gloobus-Preview-0-03-1-119662155
(It is also in launchpad but I can see the dowload count here)
I’m here again!
With news of course. I finally developed the folder plugin, it shows the icon of the folder or the cover.jpg/png file in the folder as a cover, then it shows a list of the files inside this folder.
The other feature added is that it shows the size of each folder and the total of the folder so you can see it quickly.
However, there is a problem in loading size… the algorithm I used is very slow and when the folder contains multiple subfolders it take more than normal to load. By now I have 2 ideas about how to solve it so let’s see how it ends. I want to upload a release download for gloobus-preview, but there are a lot of things I want to do.. but well, if you can’t wait for it just tell me and I’ll upload this release how it is now (its very stable).
About coverflow, kitkat is being doing a lot of research on how to integrate in nautilus but we’ve not find a good solution yet, so if you find something please!! tell us! It’s all for today, I hope you enjoy it! And if you can donate 3 or 5 $/€ it would be great to keep this project going!! Thanks a lot!